Monday, February 11, 2008

When eating becomes a habit, you also learn cooking!


I never thought of cooking. Yet I love eating so much that I spend 30% of my salary feasting on foods (not fastfood) featured in restaurants of Iloilo.

My appetite however opened up curiosity on how cooking is being done, so the first dish I learned to cook was of course, my all-time favorite-- adobo!

Before I mix up everything in my writing here, it may be helpful that I provide some background of my fave dish!

Adobo is a spanish word for marinated or spiced food. For Filipinos, commonly cooked ingredients would be meat or seafood with vinegar and other spices.

Typically, adobo is made from pork or chicken but I cook out of squid. Adobo is being cooked slowly until the meat has been softened. It is then soy sauce, pepper, salt, and it is then vinegar is added. The importance of vinegar is not only for spicing the food but also to defer bacterial growth on the food.

I knew no household who does not cook such dish and it would not be surprising if it would be a national dish! So eat up to your heart's desire!


0 comments:

Recipe ideas can be great with love and care felt while cooking. I can't imagine how much my love one's will love this dish!