Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Delicious Pork Pochero

Welcome to Pinoy Food Taste!

Most often, I go to the mall to have my dinner since I am tired to cook for myself especially after a busy day. However, eating at the fast food restaurants and even the fine-dining ones can be redundant and my taste buds are looking for foods from the home. So today, instead of waiting for my order in a restaurant, I went to the grocery and shopped for the ingredients of PORK POCHERO or PUCHERO.

Join me and let's start cooking!


INGREDIENTS

1/2 kilo pork, cubed
3 cup water
2 pieces red onions, sliced
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cooking oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
3 cup broth
4 pcs potatoes, pared and quartered
4 pcs ripe saga, plantain banana, peeled and sliced
1 small cabbage head, wedged
1 medium sweet corn (optional)

COOKING PROCEDURE

1. To start off, bring into boil the pork in 3 cups of water until tender. When done, drain the pork and set aside the broth.

2. Pre-heat the cooking pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and onion until golden brown. Add the drained pork and saute for a minute. Add water and bring into boil using the broth you have set aside.

3. Add the potatoes and the bananas. Simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables becomes soft.

4. Salt to taste. And add the cabbage.

5. Cook for another 5 minutes.

Remove from heat and served!

Now we have our delicious-tasting pork pochero! More reciped from Pinoy Food Taste!

1 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

ummy, esp. on a rainy weather like the past days!

Recipe ideas can be great with love and care felt while cooking. I can't imagine how much my love one's will love this dish!